Hello curious soul,
So you’re interested in a little more detail about Utopia42?
It’s best described verbally, but I will try to put my paltry writing skills to use.
- I’m creating a whole new digital voice environment/society built on trust and incentivized on good behavior (or at least not exhibiting bad behavior).
- It would serve as a way for people to recognize that when interacting “digitally” what they say/do affects other human beings.
- We would all treat each other with more respect than we do today in almost all other typed “digital communities”.
- “Communities” that are based on typed information (forums, IM’s, chat boards, facebook, reddit, etc.) are inherently flawed because the very medium that they are conversing at (written text) is not MADE to actually reach conclusions…
- If we want to actually learn from one another then we must come together and lead a new way to envision humanity.
I propose Utopia42
<scratches head> “But wait, I’m still fuzzy on what it actually *IS*.” </scratches head>
Utopia42 is most closely envisioned by this:
- Think of “reddit-like” communities but all digital voice (slight forum needs/interactions/support).
- Where all users ascribe to a firm code of conduct, and infractions against that code can result in expulsion from Utopia42
- Where everyone agrees that discrimination based upon physical appearance is irrelevant in a digital society. <- That covers a LOT
- Where our key metric is “Positive human to human interactions”.
- Where your anonymity is NOT protected in case of legal infringement. Users are free to refuse to provide this to Utopia42.
- Where people without the skills, but with the desire to learn can come knowing that they will be judged on their actions, speech, behavior, viewpoints, and who each of are as HUMANS, without paying heed to all of the insecurities of our fragile human selves and human egos.
- It will initially be a gaming community for a handful of reasons, but will cover every type of community imaginable and will provide community managers the ability to make money by leading their communities. Things that most gaming community leaders today do for free, and if they could just get even a LITTLE bit of actual cash out of their hard work it would make it so much better in SO many ways. Well, Utopia42 can do that.
If you’d like to know more I’m free most days.
Holding space for positive human interactions to occur in a digital voice environment.
Feel free to circulate to your hearts content, and if you love the idea please support this on our Patreon site.