This ideal blatantly stolen (with permission) from @SeanBlanda
I'm creating a table with these rules inscribed on the face. There will be 4 stools.
For the "hot seat"
- State an opinion that you believe is controversial -
- Respond to the questions with a story or experience from your own personal life.
- You are free to cease the conversation at any time
- The other 3 people at the table can only ask questions about why the hot seat holds the opinion they do. Use open ended questions.
- Questioners must wait for the hot seat to pause for 5 seconds before asking another question regarding their opinion.
The topics/judgements discussed at the table, stay at the table. Leave it there and learn from it.
Remember - I can disagree with your opinion, but not your experiences.